Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bowl Bound: Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl


Since I totally botched the screenshot placement, there's the outcome.  Anyways, PAC-12 versus Big-12 with the former being represented by the California Golden Bears and the latter with the Texas Longhorns.  Not sure what the records for each team are...that really doesn't matter in the end I don't think.  I'm going to come right out and say this, I don't believe this will happen.  I know this years Texas team isn't the powerhouse team they have been in the past and I really don't know how good California is this year either.  So who knows how it will turn out, I might actually watch this game....maybe.

The game was pretty even throughout its entirety with Texas getting on the board first.  With that said it was also a boring game yet exciting at the same time.  It was a defense heavy game with most of each teams' drives going three and out.  The fourth quarter is where Cal really started to shine.  They put together a 70 yard drive to score the game winning touchdown with seven seconds left.
Currently Air Force is playing Toledo and that looked like that was a real good and close game when I last looked at the scoreboard, hopefully Toledo can pull out the win.

No comments: