Friday, December 30, 2011

Bowl Bound: December 30th Bowls

Bowl games a plenty today, there are four total going on.  Right now the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces bowl which is taking the BYU Cougars against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane.  I am also simulating that game as I type this.  As a matter of fact, BYU just snapped the ball and got a nice long pass within the ten yard line.
Enough rambling!  My current tally sits at 6-6-2.  I knew that there was another bowl game last night, but didn't have the time to sim it and post the results.  Oh yeah, BYU just scored.  I'll run a quick list of the games coming up today.  First bowl is the Armed forces bowl with BYU and Tulsa.  Next one is the New Era Pinstripe Bowl with Rutgers and Iowa State, followed by the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl which consists of Mississippi State and Wake Forest and lastly the Insight Bowl with Oklahoma and Iowa.  Throughout the day I will update this post with the score and thoughts.  Plus with some of them even a running tally since some of them are early games.  Oh yeah, and BYU scored again...
So my simulation of the Armed Forces Bowl is complete.  Comparing the score to the real game going on now and this sim, I'll probably be wrong.  Scoreboard!
I honestly do not believe in this prediction 100%.  BYU in my sim acted like they were a nationally ranked powerhouse team that just came off winning the national title game.  We shall see how the rest of the game goes and see if BYU can comeback and win, but I'm not too sure about that.
Next up is the New Era Pinstripe bowl with Iowa State and Rutgers.  Finished that sim up a few minutes ago and scoreboard time!

This is another game where I have no idea how each team did throughout the rest of the year.  This game was favored by the Rutgers in the first three quarters, but Iowa State made a comeback with about a minute left but unfortunately could not hold the Rutgers from responding and retaking the lead.  Next up, the Music City Bowl.  Wake Forest versus Mississippi State.
Quick update, apparently BYU did pull out a win did beat Tulsa...I can't believe it.  Current tally sits at 7-6.  ISU and Rutgers are playing now and ISU is up a field goal.
The Music City bowl, it looked like it was going to be a close game from the start.  And it was, the score is clear proof of that.  Not much can be said about this game though, it was pretty quiet and slow at times.


I'm going to come out and say this right now.  Iowa will not win.  I hope they do so I can +1 my win column and a family member can be happy, but I doubt that Iowa will win.  It was pretty evident that Iowa was at least going to try and beat Oklahoma, they did lead the pretty much the entirety of the game.  Eventually Oklahoma tied the game up in the fourth, but Iowa took the ball back and kicked a field goal with five seconds left.  After tonight we should find out what my record will be.  It's already at 7-6 with the surprising win of BYU over Tulsa.  Currently, Rutgers is beating Iowa State 17-6.

No comments: