Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bowl Bound: December 31st Bowls

Yesterday was bowl games a plenty, well today is even better.  Five total games are happening today, a quick list of said games: Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas (Northwestern vs. Texas A&M), Hyundai Sun Bowl (Georgia Tech vs. Utah), Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (Illinois vs. UCLA) Autozone Liverty Bowl (Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt) and lastly the Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Virginia vs. Auburn).  After last night I imporved  drastically from 6-6 to 9-7.  My only "lost" game was the one I knew would be wrong, Oklahoma and Iowa.  Anyways, scoreboad time!
I'm not sure how this game will go, but I know Northwestern could keep the game close...maybe.  Currently Northwestern is up 7-3 in the second quarter.  As with yesterday I will update this post throughout the coming hours as I finish simulating the games.  Next up, the Sun Bowl.  I can't wait to find out the results of the Fight Hunger Bowl though.
Simulation of the Sun Bowl is done.  I'm not sure how this game will go.  For the ESPN app on the 360 I chose Georgia Tech to win, according to the scoreboard however....
We'll see how this game goes.  The simulation was pretty quiet with the first quarter filled with nothing but quick 3 and out's.  Utah got within scoring distance late in the first, but didn't kick the field goal until the start of the second.  Next up, the Fight Hunger Bowl with Illinois and UCLA.  The prediction I have been waiting for since I started this project.  The Fight Hunger Bowl sim is done, scoreboard!
I really hope this prediction is correct.  I would like to see the Illini win, but we are just too inconsistent for me to fully believe in this prediction.  The game starts in about a half hour and I plan on watching it.  If I only predict one out of five games correct I hope it is this one.  Next up, the Liberty Bowl with Cincinnati and Vanderbilt.

Late to post the results of this one and the game is already over.  Yeah, Vandy was in control pretty much this entire game.  It seemed that they could have actually won the real life counterpart, but Cincinnati came out on top in overtime.  The last bowl of the day is lacking a scoreboard...my iPod's battery died and I forgot I have an actual camera to use...yeah I know fail on my part.  Either way Auburn should hopefully beat Virginia.  Before I leave you for the night (and year technically) I shall update my tally.  After the first four games of the day I am sitting at 11-9.  All I care is that Illinois won their game.  If I remember after the Auburn/Virginia game is over I might come back and do a quick edit to the tally.


No comments: