Friday, February 10, 2012

Time for a Decision & An Announcement

Not to sound dramatic with the title of this post, especially since I hate Internet drama, this is more so about what direction that my Halo "career" could go.  Along with some other things as well.As I'm sure you all can tell (even if you just found this blog today) I am a huge Grifball nut.  The past few days I have been looking at GrifballHub's website and reading over the new stuff relating to the new season of the GGL (Good Games League); in that time I have also been thinking of how cool it would be to play in at least one season of the GGL.  I also discovered that they have a list that people can sign up to be what they call "Guest Players".  I've noticed that they mostly consist of current league players but they mention that since the GGL is a recreational league anyone can throw their name on that list so long as they can abide by league rules.  When I saw that list I thought about signing up for that list, but then I had a dose of reality that made me realize my schedule would not permit it right now.  Then a couple days later I was back to doing the same thing.  After doing some extra reading and finding a topic in their forum that was for people looking for a team and for teams looking for players, I came to the decision that next season I will throw my name in the hat and see if I can land a spot on a team.  I know I had said that my schedule will be busy, but by the time the next season of the GGL kicks off with sign-ups I will be finishing up what is tying me down now.
So there you have it, during the Spring or Summer (I don't remember exactly when the next GGL season is) I will at least try out for a team.  Whether or not I make it onto any team is a completely different story.

Speaking of Grifball, I have a few games that I recently played in Reach of it.
We lost a person from the start, but we had control of the game pretty much.

Dibs on Defender!  I totally called it!

Good game blue team....ouch.

Bomb meet face, face meet bomb.

And just for kicks, my very first game of Grifball in Reach.

I'll close out this short post (Hey!  It's late here) with some clips from Grifball that I have taken recently.  They are rendered so if you have Silverlight (I think that's what it is) installed and up-to-date you can watch it right on Bungie's site.  If you don't you can either download it to watch next time you boot up Reach or I am hoping to have them uploaded to YouTube in the near future.
I'll first start off with my most recent favorite.

"Be vewy quiet, I'm hunting Gwif."
Hehe, I love doing that.  I also kind of did it once before in Reach and once in Halo 3.

Nothing too special honestly, but I really don't think that I was supposed to get the bomb...
Yeah so that's what I believe (at least they used to call it that) a Grifumble (might be two "f's" not sure) recovered by the opposing team.  What I believe was supposed to happen was the guy I killed was actually the one supposed to get the bomb while the guy that dropped it was supposed to come after me and kill me.  It seems that something went wrong...somewhere.

"I got a clear path to plate, all I gotta do is kill this dude that spawned."
"No you don't."
Yeah, so that was me coming off the spawn.  Nothing too impressive again but I at least saved us from getting scored against.

Planting Fail!
Yep, I failed at planting the bomb.  I would have been fine if I didn't jump.  I always jump though, it's like a force of habit...or nature whichever.  Either way it didn't work too well.


Haha!  I lied!  A quick update on my quest for 20k Gamerscore.  I am currently sitting at 19,571 which if you do some simple math (20,000 - 19,571 = 429) well would you look at that!  Only 429 away from my personal goal.  I still need to finish the Gears 2 campaign and do some clean up on some easy achievements, plus finish both Dead Island and Bulletstorm (still...) which all should net me some extra points.  I am also still going to try to earn all the achievements for Halo Anniversary with Storm; though it looks like some of them might give us some troubles.
There you have it everyone, I will try to get a full fledged post out sometime soon.  No promises but I have been trying to keep this place updated on a regular basis.

No comments: