Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh Internet, You Amaze Me

This first paragraph is most certainly a rant so you can probably skip to the second paragraph if you don't want to read my ramblings.  I cannot bring myself to the understanding of how someone can think a game that has a bug or glitch that erases your story progress completely game of the year material.  Recently there was a thread in a group I am in on Bungie.net that was in regards to I believe IGN's GOTY article, which they deemed Portal 2 as theirs.  One person in that thread seems intent on trying to convince me that I am wrong in my ways of agreeing with their decision and not jumping on the "Skyrim is teh best gaem evar!!1!" bandwagon.  Okay, so that may not be their main goal but it sounds like it based on the way their posts read.  I guess I just can't grasp my mind around the fact that someone can think a game is GOTY material when it has a serious bug that erases your story progress.I know in the past I have said the no game is perfect, and I still stand behind that.  I can understand it, if it is something on a little smaller scale such as a character disappearing randomly.  But take and ask this question to yourself:
Do you really want to spend 100+ hours playing a game only to save and quit one night then come back the following day to find everything, all your leveled up skills, weapons etc. gone?  While you ponder that, I shall move onto the next topic.

A couple days ago I finished my first season in the Dynasty I had started.  I finished the season at 14-0 and took the team I always use to the National title game.  I bet you can take one guess as to who it is.  Can't guess?  It's the Fighting Illini.  I found out that I evidently have the game on the lowest difficulty...which explains why I can go undefeated through the season.  That does not explain however why I have troubles with Purdue, Penn State and Michigan each time I play them.  At first it was only Penn State that would give me fits (you know, the magic player that would come out of nowhere and sack you or come up with an interception) but now it seems that Purdue and Michigan can be added to that list.  I played Purdue at home in the (with "e" being stressed) Memorial Stadium and they managed to pick me off three times and score on twice of said three times.
I faced Michigan twice.  Once in the regular season and they gave me probably the worst trouble.  I thought this game was going to be whose kicker would be the best.  In the first three quarters it was each team trading a field goal.  It was only until the fourth quarter where we picked them off and returned it for a touchdown.
Since I did rely heavily on my running game throughout the first season I ended up getting my starting running back in the race for the Heisman Trophy.  Unfortunately he kept getting injured in our last few games so his average yards per game went down plus we had a bye week.  In the end the quarterback of Houston won.  I'm not disappointed really, except for the fact that I lost out on a 15 point achievement.

Speaking of achievements, I'm only 599 points away from breaking into the 20K Gamerscore club.  I'm hoping that with finishing up Bulletstorm and Dead Island I'll be able to snag at least another 100-150 more points.  I need to go back and check to see which ones I can get easily.  Plus this weekend I am going to pick up Gears of War 2 (hey, it's only ten bucks!) and from asking someone I know on Twitter what it's like they said it has easy achievements.  As I told them, I'll take easy achievements any day.  I've also thought about picking up CoD4 (aka the first Modern Warfare) however I'm still on the fence about that one.  The only thing I would be playing would be the campaign for it as I am hearing the multiplayer is chock full of modders and hackers.  I'm just not sure honestly.

I leave you with this short post, but at this time I don't have much more to add to this post.  Hopefully I can finish Bulletstorm up this weekend and grab some more achievements in one of three games.

No comments: