Friday, May 25, 2012

News and Reviews

Hi everyone, I come to you today with some exciting news and thoughts.  In my last post I made reference to Inside View Gaming and how I applied for a reviewer position.  I am officially announcing that I have joined the staff over at IVG permanently as their Lead Reviewer.  I am very excited to bring all of my followers of Twitter, here and those that come across IVG reviews for games and the latest gaming news!  You can keep an eye on the IVG front page for all the latest news and a bunch of reviews for games.
They also are looking for content writers.  So if you enjoy playing games and writing about them in your free time then hit this link to send in an application to join.

My other news I have to tell you, is I finally got a capture card.  What's a capture card?  You know, those things that people use to record footage from their gaming consoles that help them make those awesome montages and walk throughs for levels?  I haven't had a lot of time to play around with editing videos (Lord knows I need to...) but I have had the time to simply upload three short clips from both Sniper Elite V2 and Halo Anniversary.  I'll post them in the order that I uploaded them in...starting with the first clip from Sniper Elite V2.



Now, I know the audio is actually ahead of the video.  I'm not sure exactly why that happened but I did figure out a way around that.  It simply involved me exporting the raw file (MP4) into a WMV file and then uploading it to YouTube that way.  See, I was so excited to use the capture card and that I could upload videos directly to YT from the capturing software that I had to wait four hours for this video to completely upload.  So yeah, not making that mistake again anytime soon.  The next two videos tested my theory, which was to export the files out of the capturing software and then upload them.  It drastically cut down on the upload time (a half hour compared to four hours, I'll take that), my only concern was when exporting the file if the video quality would degrade.  See for yourself if it did or not.


I personally don't think so that much, especially if you watch it in 480p.  Next subject!


More Sniper Elite V2 gameplay, showcasing my terrible sniping skills.  It's odd because I used to be decent at this game when I first got it...hmm.  Anyways, if you can I suggest watching it in 720p HD as that will provide the best results...obviously.  I need to tinker around with the settings yet and figure out what caused the delay in video from the very first film I took.  I love the quality of the video from that film, but I don't want the delay between audio and video all the time.  It will be a learning experience from here on out for a while.

I hope to get the editing down so I can create montages and walk throughs for certain games at some point in the near future.  Editing for montages will be simple enough all it will basically be is capturing the clip, use the software that came with the capture card to trim the clip down then import it into the full fledged editing software to add titles and transitions.  Walk throughs will be a little bit more difficult but follow the same premise as a montage.  Only with those I might have to add some form of commentary, which won't be a problem as I believe the HD PVR will be able to capture my own voice if I simply plug in my Xbox LIVE headset.  That is something I will have to toy around with and get the hang of.

With that said, I hope you have enjoyed this little (and short) post containing some exciting news from me.  I hope to see anyone who reads this over at IVG now and then!

1 comment:

video from wmv to mp4 mac said...

Thank you man, great post it was exactly what I was looking for.