Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So I Heard You Like Ideas?

I know, the correct internet meme is "so i herd u liek..."  Well I'm one for semi-proper grammar when writing usually, so no internet correct-ness here!  The past few days I have been brainstorming ideas to kick-start the activity of my blog and for my YouTube channel.

As you know I did purchase a capture card about a month ago, anyways my idea is this.  I've been wanting to get back into my NCAA Football 12 Dynasty I have in progress and I have thought about capturing the awesome highlights that happen during the season.  Then at the end of said season compiling all of them into a small (I mean small) countdown montage showcasing the best of the best highlights of the previous season.  If I can pull of the idea smoothly, I think it might be cool and actually work.  My second idea regarding my in progress Dynasty would involve recording the biggest games of the season that I would play.  For instance, say my Illini are ranked the top team in the nation and are taking on the second ranked Cornhuskers of Nebraska (which is not a Big Ten team...sorry 'Huskers fans reading this) in the Big Ten championship game.  Since it's a conference championship game between the nations two best teams, I think it could easily qualify as one of those "Games to watch" kind of things.  What I would do is take and record each quarter of the game and upload them to my YT channel so you could see it if you wanted to.  I think it would be a cool idea and it could show you how much I dislike the other Big Ten teams.

My third idea comes based off of my "Bowl Bound" series, I'm going to take the biggest games of the week (and probably ones from Illinois' season) run a simulation on those and post the results.  Plus with my good 'ol capture card I can either record the enitre game and post it or of the highlights from the game.  I think I might do the latter option though, I have to be mindful of my internet connection as other family members use it and I really don't want to wait four to five hours for an entire movie to upload.  I don't know, this idea I'll have to scratch out some more details before college football season actually starts.

My final idea I was brainstorming was already in existence...  Yep, I was thinking of an idea I already have done something with.  See at the top of the paragraph where I mentioned the Bowl Bound series of posts I did?  If not, I basically took all of the college football bowl games for the 2011-2012, which the bowl season lasted from about late December to early January; then simulated all of the games I could.  After I had the simulation for one done, I would post a picture of the score and called it my "prediction".  I ended the bowl season with a 17-15 record with three forfeits.  Those forfeits were only because I forgot there was a game on or couldn't get to it.  Once it ended, I was actually really happy with my final results and enjoyed doing the simulations each day.  Granted it did get a little hectic with keeping up with the games later on in the bowl period as there were so many games in one day at times.  So yes, the "Bowl Bound" series was an idea I thought of (again...) and will return this Winter for the 2012-2013 college football season showcasing the bowl games.

That's what I've mainly been up to lately, I hope that I am able to kick-start the activity on my blog; especially now since I've joined the wonderful staff of the Inside View.  I'm still going to post about other games, I'm not going to focus solely NCAA Football 12 from here on out.  So if you came across this blog and expected Halo related posts, you'll still get them.  That and my general banter that I always end up typing up instead of a concise post.

Oh yeah and carnage.

No comments: