Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Some Thoughts...

It has been a while since I've done any sort of ranting post on here.  While I won't completely rage like I did in some posts I made on here in the beginning; I needed a place where I can speak my mind in more than 140 characters.  This post won't be completely rage induced either, I'll talk about some stuff I have in mind to do in the future.

A couple weeks ago I went down to Peoria, IL to see The Pretty Reckless, Adelita's Way, Alter Bridge and Five Finger Death Punch in concert.  It was a really sick show to see, all of the groups that performed were amazing.  During the 5FDP set they introduced the next song they were going to play as "Burn MF" off of one of their newer albums.  When doing so Ivan Moody (the lead vocalist for 5FDP) mentioned that some of us may be familiar with the news going around about the band performing this song live.  At that time I didn't know what he was talking about, so I paid no attention to it; it wasn't until a few days later when I was listening to the radio and a radio DJ said what the whole deal was about.  When they perform the song, they bring several kids on stage to sing the chorus.  Apparently at one of the earlier tour dates some parent got all bent out of shape that they do that and started complaining.

I have this to say about it.  You knew exactly who you were going to see when you bought the tickets.  If you know anything about Death Punch you know they don't sing happy go lucky lyrics, so you cannot complain about your children being exposed to that.  You most likely bought the album for them when they asked for it and if you didn't stop and think "Hey, should I maybe be a parent and find out if my child should really be listening to this?" after seeing the albums title (Wrong Side of Heaven, Righteous Side of Hell) you should probably rethink of your definition of parenting.  I understand a parent not wanting their kids to swear up a storm every time they speak as my parents raised me to not do that.

This brings me to the last thing I want to say about it.  It's a concert.  It'll only last a few hours and then everyone will go back to living their lives the way they did before.  You should be hoping to have fun and enjoy the concert.  I highly doubt a few hours of you, or your child saying a few swear words is going to tarnish them for the rest of their life.  If you're worried about them starting a habit out of it, be a parent and talk to them about it.  If you don't like them doing it period, here's a thought.  Be a parent.  With all of that said, I fully support Five Finger Death Punch in doing so during their concerts.  Besides, you never know if these kids could be the future of our music.

Now that I have probably lost your interest in continuing to read further I will now talk about some gaming related stuff.  A really long time ago I had posted some screenshots from my Minecraft world I have.  Tomorrow a new Halo mash-up pack comes out for Minecraft on the 360 and I'm thinking of downloading it; it looks neat and it's something Halo.  This would also be the perfect chance for me to hook up my capture card and grab some more screenshots to show what has changed in my world.  Which isn't a whole lot honestly...

A couple months ago I also broke down and bought GTA V.  I had second thoughts on buying it as the premise of the GTA series has never really interested me.  Oh boy, I get to play as a criminal...sounds like fun....  I have yet to finish the story for the game as there way too much extra stuff to do and I get distracted.  I'll admit I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I initially thought I would, especially the online part of the game.  I've played it quite a bit with ProAceJoker and XeroZebra and it has been a blast.  Some time here soon I hope to capture something from that game and upload it to my YouTube channel plus grab some screenshots maybe.

In the world of Grifball, not too much interesting stuff has happened.  The AGLA season ended (and is starting up again soon) and Hyperdrive went 5-19 last season.  Yep...that's a thing.  On the up-side to it though, I got to know some really awesome people during my time on that team.  Though some of them won't be returning next season I hope to have the chance to play with Frantic, Raede, and kndkid again soon.

We did close out our season on a somewhat high note however.  Some of the other teams that were out of playoff contention decided to hold what they called a "Second Chance Cup".  Basically, the bottom teams in the AGLA's ammy division had their own sort of playoff series to see who was the "best of the worst" as I liked to call it for some reason.  Luckily for Hyperdrive, we got our act together and swept our first round series against Defiance.  Which was somehow a rival team for us, no idea how that happened but whatever.  After that we moved on to the "SCC" championship match against Affinity.  We took that series in two games, both 7-2 and in the first game I had a couple of very sweet interceptions that were taken right in for a score.  After that though, I thought I would give the AGLA another try so I signed up for the upcoming season.  Amateur league bidding started last night and as of now I'm sitting at 70 credits...  Totally different from last seasons 10 credits.  I'm pretty sure I know who has the bid on me, but we'll find out for sure tonight...hopefully.

The Aces were my original home when I first started playing in the GGL; then after they decided to go on a hiatus Sarge's Squad took me in for this past season.  About halfway through the season, Demise came to me and asked if I would be willing to leave Sarge's Squad and take over their affiliate team, Shotgun Squad.  Their original captain had bailed on them as did a few of the players, but after thinking about it for a bit I said yes.  We felt that I would be better off helping Shotgun Squad get their games played and since I've been around a little longer than some on that team I could maybe give them a few tips and help the get better.  I don't know how well the latter half of that statement has worked, but we've made it into the playoffs at least!

I've always tried to think of myself as a team player; doing whatever is needed to help the team.  So if leaving one team to take over another and keep them from falling apart mid-season is better for the team; then I guess I'll do it.  With all that said, I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully I can have some more interesting stuff to talk about next time.  Maybe even a few videos or screenshots to share.

No comments: