Monday, March 24, 2014

Screenshots and Stuff

It would appear I like to use the word "stuff" a lot in my posts.  Perhaps I should use a thesaurus next time I decide to write up a post...  Yesterday a good friend of mine that runs his own forum (http://s15.zetaboards.com/CRF/index/) went back and visited some of the older threads that are lurking around there and found the "Virtual Photography" thread.  That was our go-to place if we had taken screenshots from games and wanted to share them with others on the site.  After going back and looking at the thread he told me that I had take some pretty sweet screenshots from Halo and posted them.  I'll admit, they are some of my better shots I have taken from Halo over the years.  Especially the ones from ODST; the lighting of that game is perfect for screenshots at times.

Speaking of screenshots...here are some that I have taken recently.  Most of them will be from that ODST game I mentioned earlier, a couple from Halo 4 probably and maybe one or two from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.



Interesting how placing the camera in an explosion can change the look.  Simple effect, yet I've always liked it.





The shots above use the same effect.  I like the last two more though, and especially the last one since you can see the brute a little more clearly than the third shot.  The next screens are from AC4.  But wait!  "How did you capture these as AC4 doesn't have a theater mode?!"  Remember how a couple years ago I bought a capture card to start doing reviews for Inside View Gaming?  I bought another one last year (the Happauge HD PVR2) and wanted to see how it handled taking still images.


Only way I'll ever visit Havana.


No idea why I took this one, but whatever.  That ship and its loot shall be mine!  Spoiler Alert:  It destroyed me...


Thought this one was kind of neat.  You have Edward standing in the foreground looking at...well the sand and the island and Jackdaw as the backdrop.

I leave you with video proof of how stupid brutes are in the Halo games.


No comments: