Monday, January 02, 2012

Bowl Bound: January 2nd Games

So after Saturday I was beginning to think that I would go 1 for 5...with my only correct prediction coming from Auburn.  Northwestern and Vanderbilt were the only two losses that day, Utah pulled it out to beat Georgia Tech in overtime, Illinois beat UCLA (yay!) and Auburn beat Virginia.  After that I am sitting at 12-9 heading into the six games today.  First off is the TicketCity bowl, Houston and Penn State.  I swear EA has this thing with Penn State being a powerhouse team....  Scoreboard!
I doubt Penn State will win this game...from what I have seen Houston is a much better team than PSU.  That and the fact that Houston was up 17-0 in the second quarter...yeah so who knows.  Next up, the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl, Ohio State and Florida.  Again I will update this post throughout the day much like I did on Saturday.  That game is finished simulating and that means...scoreboard!
Not sure how this will go, two powerhouse teams that are no longer that.  I believe OSU was loosing to Florida when I last looked.  Next up, the Outback bowl with Georgia and Michigan State.  That game finished up a few minutes ago so that means scoreboard!
Not sure how this will go either.  I could care less about MSU even though they are another Big Ten team.  It looked like Georgia was going going to win this game hands down, but MSU put up a good drive that tied the game up.  Then Georgia came back with the game winning touchdown pass with 15 seconds left.  Next game up, Capital One Bowl; Nebraska and South Carolina.

Update: Current tally sits at 12-10 after the Penn State loss to Houston.  I knew that would happen, but it's not my fault that the game developers think that PSU is the best team ever.  Florida is currently beating OSU and Georgia is currently beating MSU.  Next up is the Capital One Bowl which is Nebraska and South Carolina.  Scoreboard!
This is very good, I don't like Nebraska and will not consider them a Big Ten team...ever.  So far with the fourth quarter to play, this prediction is spot on...well minus the score.  That is completely different.  Two bowl games left for the day.  Next up is the "Grandaddy of 'em all" aka, the Rose Bowl.  A Wisconsin Badgers team takes on the Oregon Ducks.
We shall see how this game goes as well.  Last I looked Wisconsin was ahead, but that was a little while ago.
Final game is the Fiesta Bowl, which is Stanford and Oklahoma State.

I believe Stanford could easily win this game.  Currently tally sits at 13-12, so far this has been an interesting day for my predictions.

No comments: