Monday, January 16, 2012

Island of Paradise

My first post since I finished the "Bowl Bound" series, granted it is a tad later than the few days afterwards.  But hey, why should it be any different from before right?  During the time I was doing the Bowl Bound series I got a couple new games.  One of which I already used for the previously mentioned series, NCAA Football 12.  I haven't played a lot of it to form a solid opinion of it, from what I have played of it though I like it much better than NCAA Football 10.  I like the stadium introductions for home teams, it actually feels like a Saturday morning college football game.  I started the usually dynasty on it as well, so far I like how you have to be more involved in recruiting and the like.  Needless to say though, I still kind of suck at doing that.
The other game I got was Dead Island.  Picture Left 4 Dead meeting Fallout in terms of RPG/Shooter combo.  I've played Fallout so I know how the RPG elements work in that game and it is rather....slow with how quickly you rank up.  I'll admit I was expecting the same thing with Dead Island when I first found out that it was going to have that element. When I started playing it I was proved wrong in my assumption (see, they're not always that great) and was leveling up rather quickly.  I love how huge the game world is, I am about halfway through the game and still have yet to fully explore the island itself.  And (Spoiler Alert!) since that is the case I made into the city, which might be larger than the island itself, but I still have yet to explore it completely either.  Needless to say, if you enjoy exploring large maps and hunting for hidden items this game will certainly cure that itch for a while.  I never really used to explore the maps until I was watching Storm do it in Bioshock and saw that he was finding all these cool things hiding away in dark little corners.  I went and played later on and did the same and found all this cool stuff that Storm had previously ran across.  Not that I would ever commit some of those spots to memory and go back to them when I played...nope, never.

The other game I have been playing recently is Bulletstorm.  It's a fun game I like it from what I have played of it.  If a sequel is ever released there is some work that should be done to the basic gameplay and I'm sure the developers would do that.  They do know how games work after all.  There are times where you are fighting an enemy and all of sudden you glitch through the floor and can't do anything.  Or there's the time where the "sidekick" walks over a bridge and starts to float towards the sky only to get caught in a tree.  Yeah so the game isn't perfectly polished, but it's still fun to play nonetheless.  The leash is really sweet, I like how you can yank enemies towards you and kill them that way.  Or if you want you could leash them your way and then kick them into the nearest cactus...or over the closest ledge.  Or even back in the direction he came from and back into the group of enemies he was around.

On a quick closing note, I am currently sitting at 19,091 Gamerscore.  If you remember a while ago I started a quest for 10,000 Gamerscore, currently my new goal is for 20,000.  It might take a while, but I'm sure I'll eventually make it.  There you have it, a somewhat short post but I am hoping to have posts out on a regular basis.  So until next time!

No comments: